Thursday, December 6, 2012

An Alcoholic's Perspective On The Great "Cheese-Melt"

(This is not an attempt to rationalize, nor excuse, his actions. Simply a viewpoint into the actions of a possibly-relapsing individual from a broader standpoint)

             You all know me, some of you have seen the Youtube video where I talk about being an alcoholic/addict, (hereafter referred to as "a/a"). As an a/a, you unfortunately gain insight into a dark side of life, a world of pain and misery, but also redemption and triumph. It's an ugly world, full of hateful decisions and self-loathing. A world where you sell blood to buy booze and steal from loved ones to keep using.

              But enough about that, you get the point, I hope. The reason I'm writing this is to, hopefully, get people to understand what "relapse" and "dry drunk" means and why I think Cheese is doing both. (Please google both terms, this would be a wall of text to explain them here. I'll wait). If you've read about both then you've realized what I think has happened here. All of the symptoms describe his attitude and his actions.

               And that's sad. His BFF, Wong, should be helping him right now instead of encouraging such behavior. No one wants to see someone relapse.

                I was going to write more, but I've got the flu, it seems. I heartily encourage comments and discussions about this in the comments section here. (You know, the one where we care about you and value your opinions).

                I'll close the way we introduce ourselves at an AA meeting:   My name is Randy and I'm an alcoholic...

6 comments:

  1. Actually, I should probably delete this and try again when I have the energy to properly address the issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is starting to feel like a long-drawn out sigh that should've died 1 day after it happened. Losing things to talk about, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you care that it didn't die in that first day because... ?

      Please note: the answer "I don't care" is invalid. You took the time to look this blog up and then to post this comment, so clearly you care a little bit. My question is why?

      Delete
    2. For the same reason people go to the circus.

      Delete
  3. Anon is obviously Cheese. John is a dry drunk if there ever was one. Angry, obsessive, bitter, manic, EXTREMELY defensive and insecure. It's pathetic, John.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anon is obviously Cheese. John is a dry drunk if there ever was one. Angry, obsessive, bitter, manic, EXTREMELY defensive and insecure. It's pathetic, John.

    ReplyDelete